Thank you for stopping by!
Ask me to write a novella about my dogs. Maybe, I would make an earnest attempt. But, ask me who I am. Words would flee my memory. I have already spent 15 minutes writing these two lines. 🙂
Hence, I am going to write a few random things about myself.
- I started reading when I was about 21. I don’t know what I was doing with life till then. 😉
- I began writing when I was 23. I am glad I mustered the courage to begin.
- Since life is replete with serious stuff like going to work and being an adult, I seek solace in animals. I share my riches with a dog — Boo, a 2-year-old mongrel, who draws incredible amount of energy from a secret source. When I am not at home, I keep myself happy by seeing those Buzzfeed picture-stories on animals. Also, the Grumpy Cat memes. They are awesome. 😉 Like who doesn’t want to see 13 pictures of dogs simply being dogs, and 46 pictures of polar bears doing interpretive dance? Did I tell you I love pandas, koala-bears, elephants, hippos, and everything that flies and runs? Not a big fan of crawlies. Sorry. 😦
- Unlike many book-lovers and writers, who harbour dreams to write books, I don’t fancy autographing and lecturing at book launches. However, I want to write about books, and authors. Less stressful that way! 😉 And, I am also lazy. (I should have made that the next point. But, I was just lazy again.)
- My nightmares are made of grammatical errors, and incorrect usage of words. Hence, I end up reading my stories and blogs over and over again. Not an exaggeration at all. Despite the re-reads, they sneak in. Those rascals… grammatical errors.
- I am a big fan of children’s books; perhaps, because I started reading late, and so my reading order is in reverse, I suppose. And, I recently figured out a cooler way to say I am a late bloomer — I am an opsimath. 😉
- I read all kinds of books. I don’t abandon them at all. (No. I lied. I couldn’t survive Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus and Catch 22.)
- My idea of a perfect life is deceivingly simple. Read, write, travel, love animals, co-exist with humans, and eat a lot of biryani. I know! How grand! How naive! Sigh!
- If a genie granted me three wishes, I would ask him to let me pet all the animals in the world, I would ask him to give me unconditional access to the best library… and I would request him to bring Dobby and Winnie-The-Pooh to life once, so I could hug them. 🙂 ❤
- And, and, I aspire to finish reading Gone With The Wind and War and Peace. But, my only challenge is Internet is full of animals’ pictures and Amazon keeps delivering books. 🙂
Many thanks! 🙂 Happy reading. Happy writing.